Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep is one of the highest achieving urban schools in the Chicago area and in the Cristo Rey network. Why?
We are the school that works
We are a member of the Cristo Rey Network, a thriving association of 37 high schools that utilize an innovative work-study program to provide affordable, Catholic education to more than 12,300 students nationwide. We exclusively serve families with limited financial resources. Every one of our students works five full days per month to pay for most of the cost of their education and to gain professional experience. By working, students learn about the corporate world, connect academic coursework to the work they do at their corporate placements, and gain skills that will serve them beyond high school.
We believe in our students
Our mission is to educate young people to become men and women of faith, purpose and service. We provide our students with the opportunity to develop faith in God and to understand that there is a purpose to their life. It is our responsibility to help our students discover and develop their unique gifts and talents. We believe we are called to contribute to a better world, to serve others, and to be on the side of those who are left behind. Everything we do is based on these values.
Our students are preparing to succeed
We offer a rigorous, supportive, college preparatory curriculum that prepares every one of our students to enter and graduate from college. For the past two years, 100% of our graduates have been accepted into four-year Bachelor programs. We offer rigorous core courses, tutoring and remediation for students who need it, Advanced Placement classes, an intense college-counseling program that helps students select the right college, and a range of extracurricular, service and athletic opportunities.
Against all odds
- $41,717 average household income for CRSM families annually (average family size is 4.3)
- Residency: 72% Waukegan, 15% North Chicago, 13% Other: Lake County
- 95% Latino, 4% African-American, 1% other
- 80% of students qualify for federal free and reduced lunch program
- CRSM accounts for 7% of all high school area students, and 50% of all Bachelor’s Degrees from same area
Cristo Rey St. Martin is breaking the cycle
For the 2019 – 2020 School Year
- 500 enrollments in Advanced Placement (college-credit level) courses
- 85% of the students earned AP credit on at least one AP exam – triple the 2019 State’s average of 28%
- 1,500+ hours of community service provided by CRSM students
- 96% of students met or exceeded expectations of their work study supervisors
The Graduating Class of 2021:
- 92% persistence of freshman to graduation
- 100% acceptance to 4-year college
- 90% college enrollment
- 100% graduation rate
We are 400 students strong. Whether you’re a prospective student, work study partner, or a new friend, come visit us to be inspired and to see why Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep has become such an exciting place to learn. You are welcome to call anytime to schedule a visit.