Like the idea of students working, but not sure what they can do for your business? Here are some ideas.
Explore more ideas below.
The Mechanics (how it all happens):
- Four students cover a full FTE, five days per week:
Your student team has a member from each class. Each class has a regular working day each week. Fridays are covered on a rotational basis, with each class taking one Friday every four weeks.
- Students never miss class
Academic schedules are built around the students’ work schedules.
- Students are employees of the Corporate Work Study Program, not of the business partners.
The CWSP handles all payroll, W-4, I-9, Worker’s Compensation, FICA and FUTA paperwork, as well as all routine employer issues. The student earnings go towards the cost of their education.
- The Corporate Work Study Program is separately incorporated as a 501(c)(3) corporation
The CWSP functions like a temporary employment agency within Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep. The fee charged to business can be deducted as a business expense, not as a charitable donation.
- Corporate Work Study Partners are charged a competitive fee.
It is less expensive to hire a team of our students than it is to employ a full-time entry-level employee.
Download our current Business Partner Agreement here