Position: Account Manager – Corporate Work Study Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Corporate Work Study
Schedule: Full-time, year round
Pay: $40,000-$45,000 dependent on experience
Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep is seeking a Corporate Work Study Program Coordinator. Established in 2004, Cristo Rey St Martin College Prep provides a Catholic college prep education to serve students of limited means with diverse backgrounds in the Waukegan/North Chicago area. Our school’s mission is to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life. Local public high schools’ graduation rates are around 50%.
Cristo Rey St Martin serves 400 students working in 80+ business partners. The Corporate Work Study
Program, in addition to being the primary revenue source for the school, allows our students to develop professional skills and experiences while still in high school. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7I7uME5Dw&ab_channel=CristoReyStMartin
Overall Position Description:
As a member of the Corporate Work Study Program team, you will manage relationships with our corporate business partners to provide excellent customer service, with our students to facilitate the logistics of their work experience and to enhance learning from their work experience, and with other staff and faculty at Cristo Rey St Martin. Over the summer our focus is on freshman assessment, training, and matching students to roles in our business partners.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate business partners and CRSM students
• Proactively communicate with our corporate business partners via phone, email, and onsite visits to ensure customer satisfaction, enhance CRSM’s reputation, to support student learning, and to ensure student safety/government compliance. Approach work with a focus on identifying and addressing issues before they become problems.
- Help identify paths for expansion (additional teams at the organization and additional responsibilities within the roles) within your business partner portfolio.
- Assist with student worker morning check in and afternoon arrival on a rotating basis; all CWSP staff’s day either begin at 6:45/7:00 or end at ~5:30;
- Prepare and process necessary paperwork, onboarding requirements, tax forms, documentation, and work permits for student workers;
- Document communication and activities (job descriptions, business partner norms and schedules, student attendance, timecards, dress code violations) to support the daily operational needs of the Corporate Work Study Program
- Assist in management of Corporate Work Study Program volunteers
• Transport students to and from work as needed if bus driver(s) becomes ill or unavailable
• Meet with students, staff, business partners, and parents in a timely fashion to address any motivation or performance-based issues. Coach student workers for professional success in the workplace and help to retrain any students whose work is not satisfactory
- Additional projects as assigned (transportation audits & coordination, student training, event planning, business partner development, route planning, summer worker payroll)
- Attend occasional school events in the evening/weekend and travel to Cristo Rey school coordinator meeting annually
- A focus on client satisfaction, ideally with experience in corporate America, aimed deepening and expanding relationships with existing business partners and maintaining a high retention rate year over year
- Ability and desire to effectively communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders from corporate managers and high school students with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Organized and technologically savvy (salesforce/CRM, MS Office, Google Apps/Drive, PowerSchool)
• Entrepreneurial attitude – willing to do what it takes to improve business partner and student experiences
• Valid Illinois license, acceptable driving record, and willingness to obtain Pace van certification for occasional student pick ups
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Excited to work within the Cristo Rey model and mission
- Bilingual/Fluent in Spanish required
• Individuals with both corporate and education experience desired; will consider candidates with only one, if interested in both areas
• Account Management or sales – especially in search or staffing
• Talent development, training, L& D, and/or recruiting experience
• Teaching, esp. high school, and/or curriculum development experience
• Experiential learning, service learning, internship or work study experience
• Career Coaching
- Event planning
• Public Speaking
• Online classroom, curriculum or website development or management
• Experience as a mentor or leading mentoring programs
Please send a cover letter and resume to Brian Weinberg, Director of Corporate Work Study.