The new Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship Program allows individuals and corporations to donate to Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGOs) and receive a 75% credit on their Illinois state taxes. A tax credit scholarship provides low income Cristo Rey St. Martin (CRSM) families with direct high school tuition relief and provides CRSM with much needed financial support to fund the cost of rigorous education and work study program.
Who qualifies for these scholarships?
At Cristo Rey St. Martin, the average, annual family income of the students we serve is $39,516 and the average family size is 4.7 people. All of our students qualify for the scholarship.
CRSM meets with every family to ensure that the tuition the family has to pay does not place a burden on them, and these scholarships go a long way to helping offset the cost of education at CRSM.
As a donor, what is the process?
Here are the 4 steps for you to follow:
- Step One – Request a “Letter ID” via My Tax Illinois website
- Step Two – When you receive your “Letter ID” via US Mail, go back to My Tax Illinois website and set up an Account
- Step Three – Now that you have an Account, reserve your IL Tax Credit Scholarship credits
- Be sure to designate Region 2 and Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep
- Step Four – Make your donation to a SGO at either:
For detailed step by step instructions on how to make an IL Tax Credit Scholarship Gift:
If you have any questions please contact Reese Marcusson, Director of Development at email@example.com.