Our students want to learn and our teachers want to educate. Our students are willing to work and our families are willing to sacrifice. Will you help Be The Difference?
With an average family income of $38,277, for a family of about 4.4 people, 80 percent of our students qualify for the federal free or reduced lunch program.
While our cost to educate each student is $15,000 annually, CRSM has developed several funding sources to assist families in offsetting that full cost. As part of their application for admission to CRSM, students are required to submit financial documentation regarding their household income, expenses, and household size. All students are also required to apply for the Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship Program. Through an established formula, CRSM determines a family’s ability to pay.
CRSM then applies scholarship funds derived from a variety of sources (including the Corporate Work Study Program, third-party scholarships, state tax credit scholarship programs, fundraising, and foundation grants) on a family-by-family basis to cover the difference between the full cost of education and the amount it determines each family can pay.
We continue to need more financial support to serve our students from the Waukegan and North Chicago communities so that they can succeed in college, the future workforce and in life.
The Adopt-A-Student Program funds the fundraising portion of the scholarship funds needed for each student. On average, we need about $4,000 per student in financial help annually to cover the cost of education, and our enrollment is nearly 400 students.
AGAINST ALL ODDS…
- 93% Latino, 6% African-American, 1% Other
- $38,277 Average Income for CRSM Families annually (Average family size is 4.4)
- $8,944 Average Per Capita Income for CRSM Students annually
- Residency: 71% Waukegan, 18.5% North Chicago, 10.5% Other Lake County
- 80% CRSM Students Qualify for Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program
- <20% of Students in Neighboring Public High Schools Students Meet Illinois Academic Standards (IL Report Card)
… CRISTO REY ST. MARTIN IS BREAKING THE CYCLE
- 283 Enrollments in Advanced Placement (college-credit level) courses
- 2,300+ Hours of Community Service offered by CRSM Students
- 97% Students Meet/Exceed the professional expectations of their CWSP Supervisors
- 86% Persistence of CRSM Freshman to Senior Year from Class of 2017
- 98% Acceptance to 4-Year Colleges and Universities of Class of 2017
- 87% 4-Year College Enrollment of Class of 2017 Accepted Students
- 100% Graduation Rate from Class of 2017
Adopt a Student by filling out the payment form below, or by mailing a check to:
Adopt A Student Program
Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep
501 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
Waukegan, IL 60085
Questions? Contact Candice Tonon in our Development Office at 815-519-0513.